AIDW&A Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an entry, the entrant confirms they have read and agree with the ‘Rules of Entry’ and understand these now apply.
2. The Design Week Awards is open to organization entry, individual designers, design groups or clients.
3. Entries are open to countries in Africa.
4. To be eligible for the 2023 Africa Interior Design Week Awards, activities on which entries are based must have taken, or will take, place between April 2022 to June 2023.
5. All entrants must complete the online part of the entry process. Entries will not be accepted by any other means.
6. All submitted entries must contain an explanatory brief of no more than 500 words.
7. Sponsors are not permitted to enter the category that they are sponsoring.
8. Projects may be entered into more than one category as appropriate, but an entry fee of 235 USD must be paid for each category entered.
9. Proof of payment must be uploaded with the form
10. When entries are submitted on behalf of clients by agencies or other parties, Interior Design Week will assume client approval has been secured by the entering agency. If any issues arise concerning client sign-off once the entry has been submitted, no refund will be given.
11. Please ensure that the information submitted is accurate and the correct companies/individuals are credited as appropriate. Interior Design Week accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
12. All submissions must be made by the entry deadline stated on the website. It will not be possible to amend or submit your entries after this date.
13. Entries may be edited up until the point of submission.
14. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until the entrant proceeds to the payment stage and selects a payment method.
15. Once submitted, entries are confirmed and non-refundable.
16. Payments must be cleared by June 28th 2023
17. Any entry may be withdrawn for any reason up until midnight on June 31st, 2023, upon written request to the organizers; however the entry fee is non-refundable.
18. When making your entry you may upload digital supporting material – for images, please provide Jpeg, png, Tif or Bmp and for moving images Mov files using the H264 codec or as Mp4 files. Please ensure that the files and your explanatory brief together do not exceed the maximum upload limit of 80MB per entry. If your files are over 80MB please host them on an accessible website e.g. YouTube, Vimeo etc so that the judges can click to view your files.
19. Where websites form part of an entry, please ensure any URLs, access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until July 2023. Sites that cannot be viewed will be eliminated from the judging process.
20. When entering an app, please ensure that the judges are able to access it for free and that any passwords or codes are provided; please ensure that they work, and that they will continue to work until July 2023. Please also supply supporting material such as graphics or web-based simulations. You do not need to supply the platform that the app has been developed for.
21. We will be running on site evaluation and virtual judging. All supporting materials must be scanned and uploaded on the website. Please ensure you submit digital files to represent your entry.
22. The judges reserve the right to re-categorise entries if they think another category would be more suitable. However, they cannot be expected to routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered projects.
23. The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding them.
24. Winners will be announced contacted, invited to the Design Week and Awarded during the conference and Gala Dinner
25. The top three winners, will be awarded